Saturday, January 31, 2009

Elasticfox erratic error

Well, my first experience with elasticfox was not the best I have ever had. I think the whole plugin to firefox idea was, frankly, genius. It would have been way harder for me to want to use all the command line tools but with the quick plugin to a program I have open anyway, it's easy!

Back back to the task at hand! The bug I found was small, but very annoying. I created a new credential and messed up the secret key part. At first, I didn't notice so I was pretty miffed about why I couldn't connect to the account. Then, I finally realized that I had entered the password wrong, so I highlighted the user and changed the secret key and hit add. Then I went back and it still wasn't working.

After several days of being disgruntled and crabby about junky elasticfox, I tried something new. I removed the old user and added a new one; this time I made sure to have the right password. And whaaa bam! It worked everything was great.

So while everyone might not consider this a bug, I personally just assumed that clicking add after updating a credential would change it. Well, just so everyone knows...it doesn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment